Okay, in all seriousness, ArbCom does work. It does a good /enough/ job, when you weigh it against the alternatives. I'm not really sure how, at the sorts of scales we're looking at, anything would do much better.

While our technical communities operate on a much smaller scale, this still shows us a model we can learn from. Because while ArbCom isn't great - most users would not say they actually trust it and a lot of arbs probably would in particular say how bad it is - the thing is, it does do quite a bit right. In light of the incidents we've had thus far in technical spaces, we should really be learning from that.

-I