Hi!

I do support the CoC. There is a trade-off between being inclusive and
enforcing a CoC (that is implicitly based on a US-German concordance
of cultural norms).

I share the vision of the Wikimedia movement and I want to contribute
towards the goals. To do that a reasonable pleasant working
environment is required. That's why I argue that we need to enforce
the CoC, even though it might be unfair for a minority. While there in
improvement potential for the yet novel CoC procedures, as outlined in
this email thread, I want to use this opportunity to thank the CoC
committee for their great work.

While I chose to donate time rather than money (to pay WMDE or WMF
employes), I still don't understand why the difference between being a
volunteer developer or staff matters to this discussion. I would love
to be enlighted why the division in staff and volunteers is
constructive.

Best
physikerwelt (Moritz Schubotz)

Disclaimer: Although I do not work for the Wikimedia Foundation,
contributions under this account often represent the actions or views
of the Foundation. For example, edits to articles or uploads of other
media are done in my individual, personal capacity but share the
intend;-).