On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:29 PM, Amir Ladsgroup <ladsgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> 2) the duration of block which is for one week was determined and
> communicated in the email. You can check the email as it's public now.

Can you be more specific? I'm not sure I see where this is public.

> 3) not being able to discuss cases clearly also bothers me too as I can't
> clarify points. But these secrecy is there for a reason. We have cases of
> sexual harassment in Wikimedia events, do you want us to communicate those
> too? And if not, where and who supposed to draw the line between public and
> non-public cases? I'm very much for more transparency but if we don't iron
> things out before implementing them, it will end up as a disaster.

Sure, there are cases where things need to be private to protect
people. This particular case seems like the most clear cut example of
something that does not need to be private. And even in more sensitive
cases, things such as, User X is no longer to do Y for Z time surely
should be public even if some of the details can't be.

--
Brian