Joe,

"Invalid" means something like "this is not a legitimate report; the user had
mis-configured their browser". "Declined" means something like "We understand
the user's request but we won't change the default font size based on the
reasoning provided here."

Pine
-------- Original message --------From: Joe Matazzoni
<jmatazz...@wikimedia.org> Date: 10/2/18  9:51 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Wikimedia
developers <wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org> Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l]
problematic use of "Declined" in Phabricator
I agree with Amir’s understanding. "Declined” is basically for ideas whose
proper timing is never.  Valid ideas that we just aren’t going to work on any
time soon should go in a backlog or freezer or some such, where they can await
until some future project or other development makes them relevant (at least
theoretically).

All of which does raise a slightly different question: I am much less clear on
what the exact difference is between “Invalid” and “Declined.” Thoughts?

Best,
Joe

Joe Matazzoni
Product Manager, Collaboration
Wikimedia Foundation, San Francisco
mobile 202.744.7910
jmatazz...@wikimedia.org

"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum
of all knowledge."