Hi!

On 10/2/18 9:57 AM, Brion Vibber wrote:
> *nods* I think the root problem is that the phabricator task system does
> double duty as both an *issue reporting system* for users and a *task
> tracker* for devs.

This is probably the real root cause. But I don't think we are going to
make the split anytime soon, even if we wanted to (which is not
certain), and this mode of operation is very common in many organizations.

Realizing this, I think we need some mode of explicitly saying "we do
not have any means to do it now or in near-term future, but we don't
reject it completely and if we ever have resources or ways to do this,
we might revisit this".

We kinda sorta have this with "Stalled" status and "Need volunteer" tag,
but we might want to get this status more prominent and distinguish
"TODO" items outside of any planning cycle and the ones that are part of
the ongoing development. And document it in the lifecycle document.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org