Hi guys, I'm Sohom Datta.

I recently decided to create a draft for an hypothetical extension
ProtectionIndicator, which will add a protection icon on the top of every
protected page. I did this primarily out of my own interest in getting
familiar with the code-base of MediaWiki.

I've hosted all the code I have written (still unfinished) in this github
repository <http://github.com/sohomdatta1/ProtectionIndicator>.

I'd like some guidance on how to implement the unfinished parts of the
extension especially the integration with FlaggedRevs and the addition of a
log entry to a popup ( Details are there in the readme.md of the repo) .
Also any feedback on my code would also be very good.

Also, it would be great if somebody could guide me on how to make this a
official extension someday.

Regards,
Sohom Datta