Hi,

The first two questions were actually intended to be implementation
questions, specifically on whether it is possible to implement the two
features that I thought about ?

However, now that you mentioned it, it certainly would be great if some
experienced contributors could co-maintain and help me with creating the
extension.

Also, by official extension I mean like the extensions that have a page on
the MediaWiki wiki and are hosted on Gerrit. :)