That is interesting.

I guess that's indeed the correct way, and now I noticed (or maybe I
am reading it wrong) that mediawiki.org doesn't seem to support them?
Or at least I don't see the word rvslot anywhere in the output of that
very query. If that's the case does it mean that rvslots is optional
feature? Or is that this part of result which indicates they are being
supported?

                        "limit": 500,
                        "deprecatedvalues": [
                            "parsetree"