On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 12:37:11AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Warning: configuration loaded by the server from
> /home/whit/.wine/config,
>          file /home/whit/.winerc was ignored.
> err:thunk:_loadthunk Unable to find thunk data 'Cctl1632_ThunkData16'
> in commctrl.dll, required by comctl32.dll (conflicting/incorrect DLL
> versions !?).
> fixme:ddeml:DdeNameService (1,0,0,1): stub
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> G:\winedbg: cannot find '134622232'
> err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
> (/usr/local/bin/winedbg 134622232 140) (2)
> Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
> debugger
> [whit@giftie whit]$
>
> It fails to start the debugger (I get the RTFM message), but at least it
> is calling it by its right name.  :-).  Actually, there seems to be good
> reason for the debugger not to start:  the debugged process has given up
> and died itself, and trying to read its symbol table would probably page
> fault.  Maybe tomorrow I will look into refining the messages a little.
>
> I think this is a More Nearly Correct Result (TM) than any we have had
> before.

Uh. Hmm, I didn't think that this is a problem of my code, but it is
(it is not a "bug", though).

As I analyze the arguments and then reassemble an appname and a cmdline,
my output is different from the one before.

Before:
trace:module:get_file_name -> appname '(null)', cmdline '/usr/local/bin/winedbg
134621800 96'
trace:module:get_file_name trying '/usr/local/bin/winedbg'
trace:module:get_file_name <- appname 'G:\winedbg', cmdline '/usr/local/bin/winedbg
134621800 96'

After:
trace:module:get_appname_cmdline -> appname '(null)', cmdline '/usr/local/bin/winedbg
134621800 96'
trace:module:get_appname_cmdline trying '/usr/local/bin/winedbg'
trace:module:get_appname_cmdline <- appname 'G:\winedbg', cmdline 'G:\winedbg
134621800 96'

And this fails to load winedbg in Wine somehow.
Damn. I guess I have to modify that code to not replace unix style paths.
(SearchPath() does that :-\)

Ouch.

Or is the Wine code incorrect/fixable somehow ?
And does it make sense to stick with my current implementation anyway ?

Or maybe we ought to modify SearchPath to return unix style paths ?

Questions over questions...

Andreas Mohr