On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 10:13:56PM -0500, Guy L. Albertelli wrote:
> FWIW,  the debugger would probably start if the registry entry was:
>
> "G:debugger/winedbg %ld %ld"
>
> This seems to be the same problem that Eric Pouech and I discussed on 12/30.
Yep, it most probably is, of course.

But on the other hand I just found out that it would be much better to
not use the "buffer" result of SearchPath() as the application name
returned in case of success, but instead use the "name" part directly
(which by pure luck is the unix path name ;)
and free "name" when returning only, of course.
(doh !, I should have done that anyway)

So we just introduce a new "pFile" which gets assigned the "name" value,
and then we have a full choice at the end between pApp, pFile and pArgs
and the original arguments of the function and can perfectly find out
how to return what (by transforming relative DOS paths to absolute ones,
of course).
That way we can return the original arguments in most cases.
I'm fixing this right now.

I'll probably post an updated version on wine-devel soon.
(after having tested it with winedbg and a few installers)

Andreas Mohr