Dimitrie O. Paun a écrit:
On November 7, 2002 10:42 am, Vincent Béron wrote:

I can take the position for RedHat (at least for 8.0). My base system is
stock, so there shouldn't be libs problems (at least for those following
the official updates).

OK, you're on. BTW, if you compile *C* code on RH8, is it OK on 7.x?
I think it should, it's just the C++ ABI that changed, right?

Just to be sure: there's no C++ code in Wine at all? If not, yes, it should be ok. But I'll test it anyway :)

Just in case, I also have another box with RH 7.1 (I can update it to 7.3), so I could provide both (7.x and 8.0) if needed.

Should the starting point be the latest RH packaged Wine (including
their own patches), or start fresh with pristine 20021031?

What patches do they have???

IIRC, it was mostly in the launcher scripts, but I could be wrong. Wait a sec, I'll check exactly what.

Vincent