From: Jason Appah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:51 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Feedback needed for WiFi manufacturers

We have looked at and are currently using HP Procurve 420, and
Proxim/Orinoco 4000 AP
the HP Procurves are great midrange devices, the proxim was deployed
before I started with this university, and I am not pleased at all with
it. on paper the proxim have a great feature set unfortunatley I found
that lackluster documentation and command line issues left me wanting.
really if you do deploy these the best way to manage them is via
airwave. I dont reccomend them. the HP procurves are comptitively
priced, intuituve in their design and implementation, however they dont
quite have the feature set that I am looking for , e.g. aruba switched
wireless or xirrus

We are starting to look at the xirrus as a means to deploy in environs
were we dont want to pay to (re) cable..

Has anyone used their solutions?

Jason Appah
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Information Services
Systems Administrator / Network Analyst II
Oregon Institute of Technology
SAN GIAC Silver, MCP Active Directory, Security+