We're using the Aruba captive portal authenticating directly against our
openLDAP system.
We also have the ability to create time-limited guest accounts within
the Aruba system, and do this for conferences.
since we recently moved from a completely open to authenticated system,
during this transition time we also allow guests to log in by supplying
an email address, but in point of fact it's not checked for validity.

John Rodkey
Associate Dir. of I.T.
Westmont College