Ken,

Factors that we have considered in our wireless vendor analysis and that are beyond the controller but can make a big difference in implementation and cost are:
-Form factor of the AP  (size of AP, brackets, cost of antennas..)
-Power requirements for full 3X3 802.11n capacity (eg: can a off-the- shelve midspan support the AP or does it require a proprietary solution for full 802.11n capabilities)

Other factors:

-Yearly support cost
-Bandwidth capacity of controllers when 802.11n is considered
(10 GE capable...)
-Power requirements of controllers (Green data centers)
-Ease of Management and monitoring (can change your number of FTEs drastically)
-Ease of configuration
-How good is the self controlled radio management
-What are the web-portal capabilities (visitor network etc)

Regards,

Philippe Hanset
Univ. of TN