From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Johnson, Ken
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:00 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Comments about Aruba and Cisco????

All,

I am a member of an evaluation team at Florida State University considering
Cisco and Aruba wireless products. We are focusing on LWAPs and controllers.
For evaluation configuration and pricing purposes, we have requested from
the companies information and pricing relating to configurations with 128
and 1200 APs. The Aruba LWAP is the AP125 while Cisco LWAP is the recently
release 1142. The Aruba controller is the M3 while the Cisco product is the
WiSM. There are other aspects, too. I know many of you have experience with
Cisco and Aruba and have gone through similar experiences. I am interested
in learning about any observations and experiences you have that we should
consider in our efforts. Please send me your thoughts.

Thanks.

Ken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken Johnson

Director, Information Technology

FSU College of Medicine

1115 Call Street

Tallahassee, FL 32306-4300

e-mail: ken.john...@med.fsu.edu

phone: 850.644.9396

cell: 850.443.7300

fax: 850.644.5584

"Please note: Florida has very broad public records laws.

Most written communications to or from state/university

employees and students are public records and available

to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail

communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure."