From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:31 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Aerohive 340AP

I have been contacted by Aerohive recently (www.aerohive.com
<http://www.aerohive.com/> ) and had never heard of them before. Is
interesting- they are a controller-less model, that *seems* to scale and
compete with controller-based functionality based on the glossy. No idea how
they are on the likes of fast roaming, etc. But part of my brain yearns for
the days when there were no controllers, and wireless life was a lot
simpler. (You never see WLAN controllers in Norman Rockwell paintings). Is
anyone using Aerohive, even on a small scale?

Lee

Lee H. Badman

Wireless/Network Engineer

Information Technology and Services