From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of gwill...@uccs.edu
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:50 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Restricting of wireless access in classrooms

We use Aruba here, so like Chris Denver said, it’s not a problem to just do it through the equipment.   But if you have another vendor -  what about programming the captive portal page to email the professors about who logged into the page and put a disclaimer on the page that says that all logins are reviewed by the professor.  This way you can satisfy both those professors who want access and those who don’t.  If I were a student, I sure wouldn’t want my logins showing up on the professors email.  You could also use your syslogs to write a webpage that shows real time which people are logged in.