Hi Dennis,

We have had this running since version software 4.2 I believe, the only time we really had problems was when we went to the 5 code ( bugs CSCsl59308, CSCsv00108). These generated a high number of false alarms, but appear to have been successfully resolved in 6. Outside of that we really haven't had anything to deal with.

Regards

Jason

On 29/05/2010 4:00 AM, Lee Weers wrote:
I forgot to mention that when an alert is generated I asked TAC how do you
resolve it.  They said there is nothing you could do.  It is a client driver
implementation problem.

Thank you,

Lee Weers
Central College
Assistant Director for Network Services
641-628-7675
Vcard https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/LeeWeers/interactivecard
Vprofile https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/LeeWeers/profile

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Lee Weers
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 1:29 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Management Frame Protection

About 18 months ago we had a Cisco TAC enable it while troubleshooting another
problem.  It caused thousands of alerts to be generated, and we had problems
with the WLC's quarantining AP's that were associated with another controller.
What was generating all of the alerts was a bug that is supposed to be fixed in
7.0.  It has to do with 2 ap's being in an ap group but on different
controllers.  The groups have a different id on the controllers and this will
generate an alert.  How the groups get different id's and a different SSID
order when configs are pushed out using templates is very frustrating, and why
that makes a difference is beyond me.