From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of James F Eyrich
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 10:43 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 802.11n phased deployment approaches

With Meru it is strongly suggested to do entire buildings at a time.

Beyond Meru's suggestions based on how their tech works I still think it
is a good idea.

User experience would be consistent for the whole building instead of
only having better connections in the strategic locations.

I also have concerns if bonded channels are deployed on N near standard
A APs.

-jim

On 6/3/2010 9:03 AM, Steve Hess wrote:
> For anyone who has done a phased deployment of 802.11n gear to replace
b/g/a,  what have you found to be most effective, a whole building (or floor
perhaps) approach or putting N in strategic locations with nearby b/g/a
AP's?  Any gotcha's or learning experience with either approach?  We're an
Alcatel (Aruba) shop so direct experience with that gear would be great.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> --
> -----------------------------
> Steve Hess
> Network Administrator
> Wheaton College
> Phone: 508-286-3404
> Fax: 508-286-8270

James Eyrich
Team Lead Network Design
Wireless Service Manager
CITES - Networking - Network Design and Support - Network Design Group
University of Illinois

eyr...@illinois.edu