All,

University of Tennessee has had some class attendance issues lately,
especially with Sophomores.
We came up with a location based wireless solution that could fix this issue.
We have built a database of rooms surrounding Access-Points that we correlate
with a class roster. Basically if a student is supposed to be in room x at time
y,
our filtering only allows the student access to a set of access points
surrounding that room during that time.
No wireless elsewhere.
Dormitories are included in the algorithm.

If you are doing something similar, we would like to know some of the caveats.

Thanks,

Philippe Hanset
University of TN
(Constituent Group Leader of Wireless-LAN@educause)