You got it right Lee. The higher speeds will not necessarily be of use for us
in the higher ed sector (yet... you never know), although it will be nice to
simply have the capability in those special cases where they could be used. For
now the one advantage that Gigabit Wi-Fi will provide will be improved HD video
streaming. Again, you could see this mainly as a consumer-oriented advantage
rather than an enterprise. But we are seeing more and more devices with
wireless network capabilities these days. I think these new standards will be
the answer to the growth of all these upcoming WiFi-enabled devices.

Hector Rios
Louisiana State University