From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Mike King
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:37 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Betr.: [WIRELESS-LAN] Gigabit Wi-Fi

I can't find the direct quote.  I can find the mission statement that is
directly related to it:
http://www.google.com/fiber/kansascity/about.html

But a project manager invovled with the Google Fiber Project (Gigabit access to
the home in Kansas City) had a quote along the lines of:

When everyone had a modem, and only accessed email and basic webpages, nobody
could imagine downloading a movie, and video conferencing (Skyping).  Now this
is commonplace.  We don't know what people will do with larger bandwidth,
because it's never been available.

I think of this quote every time someone start talking about connection speeds
(Be it Wireless, Wired, and Consumer Connections)

Mike

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Hector J Rios