The solution at York College for AirPlay was to publish software that
supports AirPlay mirroring to the classroom computers. This won't work for
everyone, because it requires the ability to make sure an iPad is on the
same subnet as the wired machine in the classroom, but at least we have
more control over the computer. We've been very happy with the result so
far. If anyone's interested, we used AirServer (www.airserverapp.com). At
only $4 per machine, it's also way more cost effective than an AppleTV.