We have had both, Inquiries into our wireless design decisions by staff and
students and have had protestors on campus against the use of "Wireless".  The
protestors were vague on which "wireless" standard they were referring to, eg.
cell vs wifi., but to them the argument was the same.  In several instances on
Campus with staff having concerns, we pointed our health and safety persons to
several articles which have been covered by this thread, but since you are from
Canada, I have also included the "Canadian" prespective in relation to Health
Code 6 provided by the government of Canada.  This government report is just
additional information we have used to calm the waters per se.

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2010/parl/XC62-403-1-1-03-eng.pdf

We also talked directly with Health Canada's technical contact on clarification
of Health Canada's Code 6 guidelines.  As far as for our vendor (Aruba), their
stance is that they have the device certified by Canadian standards bodies and
they provided us a copy of the certificate itself. No real declaration.

Of course, this can be challenged as it was with the protestors, that the
Government lies to everyone on just about everything.

I have several more references if you are interested, but I think the main ones
are listed in this thread. We can speak off-line if you have additional
questions.

Good Luck.

MH

On 2013-01-08, at 11:48 AM, Craig Eyre wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the great information. I like the idea of the web page
> with links to different safety resources. That way we can just point all our
> users in that direction.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig Eyre
> Network Analyst
> IT Services Department
> Mount Royal University
> 4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
> Calgary AB T2P 3T5
>
> P. 403.440.5199
> E. ce...@mtroyal.ca
>
> "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of
> strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."  Vincent T.
> Lombardi
>

> <graycol.gif>Christina Klam ---01/08/2013 08:33:52 AM---As we get requests
> every semester to remove wireless access points from apartments and office
> due to
>
> From: Christina Klam <ck...@ias.edu>
> To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU,
> Date: 01/08/2013 08:33 AM
> Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Wireless and health issues
> Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
> <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
>

> As we get requests every semester to remove wireless access points from
> apartments and office due to a fear of radiation, I have added this link
> to our general computing website:
> http://web.princeton.edu/sites/ehs/radiation/nirad.htm
>
> The link is from Princeton University.  We found it to be well
> researched and written.
> Hope this helps,
>
> <http://web.princeton.edu/sites/ehs/radiation/nirad.htm>
>
> -- Christina
> Christina Klam
> Network Administrator
> Institute for Advanced Study
> Email:  ck...@ias.edu
>
> Einstein Drive          Telephone: 609-734-8154
> Princeton, NJ 08540     Fax:  609-951-4418

> http://www.educause.edu/groups/.

Michael Hulko
Network Analyst

Western University Canada