I wasn't under the impression that a wii could connect to an enterprise
wireless network? Am I wrong?

--
ian

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Adam Forsyth
Sent: 19 March 2013 14:00
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Disabling 802.11b speeds

So Bruce,

You disable the 1Mbps rate, and leave 2Mbps rate enabled so the Wii's can
connect.  Do you disable any of the other 802.11b rates as well?

I turned off all of the B rates a few years ago but then quickly learned about
the Wii issue.  While I like the solution of keeping the b rates off and
telling the wii users to use an ethernet cable, we have a few locations where
students live that are wireless only, so that option doesn't work for us. I
ended up relenting and turning the B rates back on to make the Wii users happy.
 Reading this conversation I'm thinking about taking another shot at disabling
some of the slower rates, but leaving 2Mbps for the Wii people.
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Osborne, Bruce W