On Sep 24, 2013, at 08:03 , Timothy Cappalli <cappa...@brandeis.edu> wrote:

> There are a large number of users who do not like the UI. Myself included.

It's definitely new and different, and I've definitely heard from people who
are reacting very negatively to it.

>From a practical standpoint, though, I'll point to Mark Gibbs' post at
>NetworkWorld:
><http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/ios-7-no-choice-upgrade>

If you want to stick with the Apple ecosystem, you'll have to upgrade at some
point, whether it's by upgrading the software on your existing devices or
buying new devices that won't run the old software.  It may be prudent to wait
a little bit to let some bugs get fixed and for Apple to make some UI tweaks in
response to user feedback, but they're not going back at this point.  And given
the lack of low-level control that you have over an iOS device compared with a
personal computer running Mac OS X or Windows, the sheer number of security
vulnerabilities that aren't going to get fixed in iOS 6 that are fixed in iOS 7
is a little concerning to me.

I've already got 2 apps that aren't getting updated on my iPhone 4S/iOS 6
because the new versions require iOS 7.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>