P. 403.440.5199
E. ce...@mtroyal.ca

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."  Vincent T. Lombardi

Inactive hide details for "T. Shayne Ghere" ---12/04/2013 10:35:15 AM---Good morning, I was wondering if any other school is ha"T. Shayne Ghere" ---12/04/2013 10:35:15 AM---Good morning, I was wondering if any other school is having issues with the Broadcom

From: "T. Shayne Ghere" <sgh...@fsmail.bradley.edu>
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU,
Date: 12/04/2013 10:35 AM
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Windows 8 and Broadcom wireless cards
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>

Good morning,

I was wondering if any other school is having issues with the Broadcom Wireless network cards running Windows 8/8.1 pro on a WPA2/AES network?  We have students that are upgrading their Dell computers from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and the cards stop working on our secure network.

They are prompted for 802.1x credentials, and the ACS server authenticates them as well as the DHCP server handing out an IP address, but the computer always states limited or no connectivity.

What is really weird is that we have a 1232AG radio and the card will connect ONLY to the A radio, but not to the 1142N-A radio.   We are running 7.0.253.5 code because of the older AP’s on campus.   We did purchase a separate controller for a test environment which we have running 7.4.110.0 now and it still won’t connect to the 1142n-a radios.

Trying to back the driver down to Windows 7-64 bit doesn’t work (won’t allow it to be installed).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Shayne

-----------------------------