Has anyone seen people upgrading their Windows 7 computers to Windows 8 or
8.1 and the wireless breaks completely?   That’s what I’m seeing here with
the Broadcom and some Atheros cards.

I’ve been working on this since Monday (solid) and cannot get any Broadcom
wlan cards to connect with Windows 8 or 8.1pro, but if I re-image the
computer to Windows 7 pro, it works just fine.

We are a complete Cisco shop with about 500 1142N AP’s and 128 1231, 1232
and 1251 AP’s so unless we replace the 1200’s we’re stuck at the 7.0.253.5
code (which is supposed to fix it).  But that’s not what we’re seeing if
they’re upgrading their computers.   All the new computers are working just
fine that come pre-installed with Windows 8.  Upgrade to 8.1pro and that’s
the gotcha we’re seeing too.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I’ve shelved the Broadcom chipset as a
“Won’t work on our wireless network” if you upgrade to 8.   Now moving on
to some of the others that are coming in.

Going to be fun after Christmas.   /ugh

Thanks

Shayne