From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] on behalf of Jason Cook
[jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 5:34 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] apple tv wired/wireless

We only have a few <10 approved devices and they connect via  a PSK network. It
was the easiest method at the time, though it will be concerning to manage if
it grows. Centrally we are going with Mersive Solstice, so anything built by
central IT includes that and hopefully that will keep down the Apple TV’s.
Cisco for wireless.

I’m interested if anyway is using Aerohive on campus, and if so have you tried
using their PPSK? It’s simple client connectivity of PSK with some of the power
of dot1x.  I think something like this would be great for supporting devices
that struggle with dot1x as each device can be given it’s own password.
http://www.aerohive.com/solutions/technology-behind-solution/simplified-strong-authentication

On 6/13/14, 9:30 AM, "Hurt,Trenton W."