From: Derek Johnson [mailto:djohn...@fhsu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:33 PM
Subject: Wireless Door Locks

Our campus planners are looking to standardize & modernize lock systems across
campus, and they're drooling over my worst nightmare wireless door locks that
connect to our existing wifi network.  2.4GHz only, of course.  I'm against
this idea for too many reasons to list (technical & security-based), but I'm
curious to hear perspectives from the community.  Has anyone deployed or had to
support a wifi-based door lock system?  What's been your experience?

On the flip side, have you successfully fended off a push for wireless door
locks?  If so, do tell... :)

Thinking back to Lee's recent drone discussion... perhaps I can get
administration interested in drone surveillance instead of wifi door locks.
That's an idea I could get behind...

Derek Johnson | Data Communications Coordinator
FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY
415 Lyman Dr. TH 101, Hays, KS 67601
(785) 628 - 5688 | dpjohn...@fhsu.edu<mailto:dpjohn...@fhsu.edu>