From: "Philippe Hanset" <phan...@anyroam.net>
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:43:31 AM
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Measuring User Experience

Matthew,

Here are a few ideas (assuming that your Wi-Fi system/Trouble Ticket system
allows you to poll that kind of data)

-HELP DESK: % of Help Desk trouble tickets related to Wireless, and type of
problem
-BANDWIDTH: How is your bandwidth to the Internet doing? (% Utilization, are
you limited for the Wi-Fi side?)
-AP LOAD: What is your campus wide ratio of user/AP (theoretical campus ratio :
maximum unique users per day/total number of APs, Distribution ratio: What do
you observe in your system, and how many APs are not within your own
requirements…)
-AP DENSITY: What is your average dBm ? what do you consider to be your
requirement and what % of users on APs are/are not within that limit
-AP QUALITY: Then move to Jorj suggestion of measuring re-auth etc…

Any other limiting factor like DHCP capacity (number of IPs)
and finally, ease of configuration (number of trouble tickets related to
configuration issues)

Philippe

Philippe Hanset
www.eduroam.us