From: Tim Tyler [mailto:ty...@beloit.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: How big are your wireless segments?

Brian,
  We have pools of /22 /23/ and /24.  We separate our pools from students vs
fac/staff (still on the same ssid).   It may be ok to do /16.   I know that
Aruba does a lot to prevent broadcast storms, but I feared the overhead of one
large segment might have on it.   We also give students a different ip pool
depending whether they are in a residential building vs an academic/admin
building.  This allows us to shape traffic differently.  But this will become
less of an issue as we acquire more bandwidth (hopefully).
   I am curious of those using /16, does that resolve your layer 2 issues?
Aruba does a good job of bridging many layer 2 solutions anyways, but having
one /16 vlan does seem enticing and perhaps unnecessary for bridging protocols.
 However, I am curious about other overhead efficiency issues.
Tim