From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Osborne, Bruce W
(Network Services)
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 7:21 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] How big are your wireless segments?

Tim,

Another issue mentioned in the Aruba document is that clients had limited arp
table size. Large subnets can exhaust them, causing service issues.

Layer 2 apps like Chromecast & Apple TV are handled by vendor-specific
solutions. Aruba Networks’ solution is called AirGroup. It is basically a
software defined network solution that works quite well for us with Apple TV.
We are planning, but have not yet implemented this for Roku & Chromecast.
​​​​​

Bruce Osborne
Wireless Engineer
IT Network Services - Wireless

(434) 592-4229

LIBERTY UNIVERSITY
Training Champions for Christ since 1971