With your beta controller how many access points and concurrent device
connections are you able to test?

We are setting up a similar scenario, not so much for beta testing as for a
stepping stone to upgrades of our campus controllers.  The controller pair
are 8540s and should have 250-300 APs with around 1000+ devices.  The user
base is our IT folks in 3 locations so we hope to get good feedback.

I agree that edu is a unique beast for wi-fi but in the end it's seems some
core functions are what is failing us such as code upgrades and APs stuck
in CAPWAP flapping state that require the switch ports to be bounced.

Jimmy