From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Britton Anderson
Sent: 08 August 2017 21:25
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco Code Version

Anybody else running 1810Ws on 8.2 running into the multiple devices per port
bug?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux78581

We are deploying 8540's now running 8.2.160 with 1810s in a dorm hall that we
are refreshing and we were doing some testing this morning and ran into this
issue. First device recognized would get an IP address, but the second device
doesn't get an IP and the DHCP renewal on the first device would then fail. ARP
entries actually time out for the first learned device from the router upstream
so the AP completely locks up and stops forwarding packets from those
interfaces. Wireless still seems to function though.

With all of the discussion we've had on this list so far, I'm reluctant to move
up to 8.3 or 8.4 this close to semester start (2 weeks away) at this point with
all of our other testing going quite well on 8.2.160 for our roll out, and I
would rather not run mixed code versions. Anyone have any experience with this
bug in the wild, and how did you solve it?

Thanks,
Britton