Our facilities department is looking to upgrade some of our lighting
infrastructure to use lower power LED light fixtures.  One of the proposals is
to replace all the lighting and the existing Lutron lighting control system
with a relatively new Eaton WaveLinx wireless lighting system.

Unfortunately, the vendors who came in couldn't even explain what spectrum(s)
the infrastructure would run on.  A quick review indicates that the controllers
operate on WiFi or wired LAN for control access and 802.15.4 for communication
(@ 2.4MHz) between all the various devices (dimmers, switches, occupancy
sensors, lights, etc).  Each controller currently operates as a standalone
since they still don't have a centralized management environment and they're
single user access only.

We're particularly concerned about any potential interference issues that might
arise within our existing and future wireless environments.  I was wondering
whether anyone has any familiarity with this or similar environments and
whether you'd be willing to share your thoughts and experiences on them.

Regards,
Manny
Manuel (Manny) Amaral
Director, Information Technology Operations
781-292-2433 | www.olin.edu

[Olin_Identifier_Gradient_Standard_Blue_RGB]

Leading the Revolution in Engineering Education
twitter<twitter.com/olincollege> |
facebook<https://www.facebook.com/FWOlinCollege> |
youtube<http://www.youtube.com/user/FranklinWOlinCollege>

We will never ask you for your password!