Here is the dump from an AP with a corrupt boot loader after software
upgrade/power cycle. Symptoms of the unit having this problem are no
console output after BootROM: Image checksum verificaiton FAILED and no
status LED lighting up. On the switch at my desk (WS-C2960CX-8PC), if you
plug in the AP, you get no link light, but from cli you see that power is
negotiated and drawn to the AP.

BootROM - 1.78
Booting from SPI flash, Secure mode
BootROM: RSA Public key verification PASSED
BootROM: CSK block signature verification PASSED
BootROM: Boot header signature verification PASSED
BootROM: Box ID verification PASSED
BootROM: JTAG is disabled

General initialization - Version: 1.0.0
Detected Device ID 6920
Master bootloder version 1.22
High speed PHY - Version: 2.0
BoardId = 0x21board SerDes lanes topology details:
 | Lane # | Speed|    Type     |
 ------------------------------|
 |   1    |  0   |  SGMII1     |
 |   2    |  5   |  PCIe1      |
 |   4    |  5   |  PCIe2      |
 |   5    |  0   |  SGMII2     |
 -------------------------------
:** Link is Gen1, check the EP capability
PCIe, Idx 1: Link upgraded to Gen2 based on client cpabilities
:** Link is Gen1, check the EP capability
PCIe, Idx 2: Link upgraded to Gen2 based on client cpabilities
High speed PHY - Ended Successfully
DDR4 Training Sequence - Ver TIP-0.23.(Sublib 0.8)0
DDR4 Training Sequence - Switching XBAR Window to FastPath Window
DDR4 Training Sequence - Ended Successfully
BootROM: Image checksum verification FAILED

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Jeffrey D. Sessler <j...@scrippscollege.edu

Alan Wang
Network Analyst
Binghamton University