Hi,

I started doing this as a test  last month 1810W AP’s with Cradle, here are my
findings so far:

-          No extra installation costs due to the cradle, it looks nice.

-          4 extra ports with PoE out for the phone. Which can be configured
individually.

-          Ability to have a local SSID configured by the user “just for the
sake of any device that won’t work on the WLC SSID”.

Things to consider:

-          The AP and the clients should be on the same VLAN so the user can
access the AP and configures the local SSID.

-          A bug I faced when I convert the AP to OEAP mode which disables the
CDP and uses LLDP, I need the OEAP feature to use the local SSID.

-          Power requirements for 1810W is PoE+ to run the PoE out port, which
is strange, as the older models use PoE 702 and the newer ones use PoE 1815! So
you might need to consider buying the power adapter along with the AP.

-          Make sure to disable DTLS on the AP when converting it to OEAP as it
will kill the throughput due to encryption/decryption.

Other than that it seems like the right choice.

Yahya Jaber.
Sr. Wireless Engineer
IT Network & Communications – Engineering
Building 14, Level 3, Rm 308-WS07
KAUST 23955-6900 Thuwal, KSA

Email yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa<mailto:yahya.ja...@kaust.edu.sa>
Office +966 (0) 12 8081237
Mobile +966 (0) 558697555
On Call Rotation Mobile: +966 54 470 1177