Tom,

Absolutely. And, this isn't meant to be rude, because we are going through
the same issues currently, but the only fix is better wireless.

On the other hand, when students play from these consoles, they're really
setting your team up behind the eight ball. These devices love the 2.4
spectrum and in dorms like ours (ranging from 20-100 yrs old), it's tough
to make it work.

The issue is unlikely a gaming specific issue. Gamers are just going to be
the first ones to notice, and then speak up, about anything going on with
the wireless.

Do a packet capture and have a look at the retry rate where people are
complaining. I think that's a good starting point.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 9:08 AM Tom Mathews <tmathe...@udayton.edu> wrote:

> This year we have decided to disable a substantial number of our wired
> drops on campus. Our studies have showed that less than 5% of the wired
> ports were used in an academic year in our residential spaces.  For the
> most part we have very few complaints, except when it comes to playing
> server based games, such as Fortnite, Apex, Overwatch etc.  The users
> complain of things like "lag", "Glitching" and "Rubber Banding".  At quick
> glance, the rssi and snr shouldn't be an issue. They even state that access
> to campus resources and other internet activity is not an issue.   We have
> not begun to deep dive into this issue.   I am just curious if other folks
> have dealt with the same or similar issues with gamers on the wireless
> networks, and what was the fix.
>
> --
>
> Thomas M. Mathews
>
> Network Engineer
>
> University of Dayton

dan b. lauing ii | CWAP, CWSP, CWDP
Wireless Network Engineer
Mississippi College

--

*
*

*CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:*

This communication may contain
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient or if you
are not authorized to receive this communication, please notify and return
the message to the sender, *then delete this communication including any
attachments*.  Unauthorized reviewing, forwarding, copying, distributing or
using this information is strictly prohibited.