Kyle,
James and I were discussing this earlier today.  It sounds like your wired
infrastructure is the typical/traditional campus core/distribution/access,
just like us.  You mentioned wanting to match your wireless subnets like
your wired subnets, per building.  I would caution about the potential
layer3 roaming between buildings/subnets not only for worst-case scenario
DHCP scopes, but also the potential layer 3 roaming that could occur.  We
have a lot of clients that roam from building to building even though we do
not have outdoor coverage.  The user device thinks it is still connected
and does not renew DHCP.  Students figure it out but it results in a less
desirable experience.  If a lot of devices layer3 roaming back to anchor
APs in a building with a 1Gbps connection, it could spell trouble as well.
That does not happen as much as I would expect, but the potential is there.

VoWi-Fi roaming between buildings takes a big performance hit when layer 3
is involved.  We do not officially support VoWi-Fi but our intent is to
officially support it once all of our buildings are at capacity designs.
At that point I hope we can get some outdoor coverage to fill in.

I have to look this up every time this discussion comes up, here it is for
reference.
*Meraki - Wireless Layer 3 Roaming Best Practices*
https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/Best_Practice_Design_-_MR_Wireless/Wireless_Layer_3_Roaming_Best_Practices

PS.  Maybe your next-gen fabric/software-defined campus network takes all
of this off the table completely... just like IPV6!  Then we will spend all
of our time dealing with multicast.

Mike Atkins
Network Engineering
-gm