There is a problem with that.  :)  I am very young and don't know a lot.  SO.....I subscribe to about 5 lists, and read every post everyday in the BBR WISP forums.  If not for that, I would not know what I know today.  Remember.  I have very little expenses (living with parents) I pay gas, backhaul, insurance, network upkeep, cell phone, and payments on loans.  The way I see it, I can sacrifice a little income (sub it out) so I have time to research.  I've never used mikrotik, never graphed or monitored bandwidth, and know very little about the Star OS I use (Demarc Tech APs).  It won't be long and I'll have 150 people on my 6 meg by 600k DSL line.  I feel that my time needs to be spent learning how to do what I do (run a WISP), rather than being the "grunt man".  I have been a WISP "grunt man" for 2.5 years, and the WISP "everything man" for 7 months now (crooked partner gone <--just my opinion)  If I go along doing everything, I will wake up one day and realize, I'm not ready for what I have.  My plan is for me to get the network ready for 100, 200, 300 subs while the sales and the install guys actually get me there.  I have a lot of learning to do to be able to keep 100-300 people online smoothly.  I don't by any means know everything about installing and sales, but I know my weak spot is tech knowledge (and spelling).  I might as well pay people to do the stuff I know, and go learn the stuff I don't know.  It's kind of like paying to learn, I never went to college so this is my college.  I pay them to be "grunts" as I am online (reading and researching) and at home learning to run things like mikrotik and mrtg graphs.  I'll also be doing the paperwork, all tower climbs, tower deals, tech support, and computer service (I get a 3-5 a week dropped off here from a $20 weekly ad) Yes, I work on these as I am online.  Trust me, if I knew everything, I'd be out grunting, but there is too many years of technical knowledge I lack to be out grunting.  I have got to learn or I will get stuck when I grow to a certain point.  I'd be like, "shoot, I don't know how to run this dual wan router and I'm out of bandwidth"  A dual wan router would do, but I'd really like to have mikrotik down by that point so I can "do it right".  Is my way of thinking in line with reality?????  I'm not afraid to ask for help.  So, what I am thinking is that if I don't hire people, I'll have to pretty much stop work when I reach a certain point to learn all the stuff to get on to the next step.  Ok, I wrote up a little response/question 4 hrs ago about my ROI and subscriber acquisition cost, but I don't really want it archived forever.  So if your willing to take a look and  send your thoughts my way, hit me up off list.  It is only about  1/3 as long as this.  It's pretty short.

Lonnie Nunweiler wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way BUT ---> if you spent less time on the
Internet you would soon get those people connected.

Been there, done that.
Lonnie