Has anyone tested Mikrotik's VLAN support over the Wireless ports (Atheros) for large packet support (1500 bytes + additional bytes for VLAN )?

I know that you can't layer VLAN on top of two pre-existed bridged ports, its a limitation of Linux. But you can bridge a VLAN interface/port to another interface without a problem. The question is can one of those two ports be a Atheros wifi port? I need the support to be supported on unots at both sides of the link, AP and SU.

Example config....

Cell router provision clients to route to VLAN -->  Out a Trango AP.
In a Trango SU --> Trango Ethernet direct to Ethernet on WRAP, and WRAPboard w/ Atheros configured as AP.
    Note: must pass 1504 byte packets.
In a WRAPBoard w/Atheros configured as Subscriber --> Must pass VLAN 1504 packets. Out WRAP Ethernet port ---> SMC VLAN Switch. SMC set to untag VLAN port going to customer's suite, and Tag packets comming from custoemr's suites. Multiple tenants and VLANs behind SMC switch.

Ultimately the plan, is to replace the WRAP board and SMC switch with a single Mikrotik 532 board w/ 6 port Ethrnet Daughterboard. 532 board would then become a SMART VLAN switch, and do the tagging and untagging.

So the question is, can this configuration be supported across the Wifi interfaces?

If not, anyone available tommorrow on a consultant basis, to test this configuration for me? If so contact me off list.

Also on a side note: Anyone successfully get a Station Server client to talk to a Mikrotik AP using WPA encryption? So far ahve not been successful in gettin them to talk, although WEP worked fine between devices. Using CM9s for testing, and WRAP E boards w/ 2 eth ports.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom DeReggi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>