I know I clicked late. I edited the link. Nothing, can't find mine. Can't get more than 240.

Brian

Tony Weasler wrote:

Maybe their comment retrieval system is broken.  I manually edited the
link that I sent because when you click on their "view all" button, it
puts the number of records that it is aware of here:
"start=1&end=###records###"  That effectively limits the query to this
number of records. Since I assumed that more records would be added by
the time people clicked the link, I changed this number to 2000.
That's why all of the comments are displaying.  I assume that this is
because the method they use to calculate how many records result from
the search is broken.  It could also be a hack to only show certain
records when you click 'all records.'  Either way it's a poor design
and should be changed.

- Tony

On 10/4/2005 1:24 PM, George created:
Ok something wacky is going on.
Now when I look I see 349 responses and mine is there:
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.hts?ws_mode=retrieve_list&id_proceeding=04-186

George

Tony Weasler wrote:

Mine was also removed.  I think that it was because in my first filing
I didn't check the 'late-filed' box and I didn't change it from
"COMMENT" to "STATEMENT FOR THE RECORD."

The moral of the story is: keep a copy of anything that you send to
the government.  Fortunately, I did and re-submitted it with the
correct information.

Thanks for the heads-up, George!  Everyone who thought they filed
should check to see if your filing is still there:
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.hts?ws_mode=retrieve_list&id_proceeding=04-186&start=1&end=2000&first_time=N

- Tony

P.S.  I just noticed that most of the other filings after 1/1/05 are
marked as "Document Type: NOTICE" and not "STATEMENT" or "STATEMENT
FOR THE RECORD"  Is it possible that statements are being erased as
well?  I filed one copy as a "STATEMENT" and another as a "STATEMENT
FOR THE RECORD" and both have identical information in the search
results.  Should we be filing "notices" instead?

On 10/4/2005 10:29 AM, George created:

Funny thing is I filled this one out.
I could have sworn there was like 295 responses the next day after we
sent this to the various lists and now there is only 242 responses and
my response can not be found.
Anyone else notice this and does anyone else see their response missing?

George

John Scrivner wrote:

I just wanted to say thank you to all who are sending a clear message
to the new FCC about the stalled ruling for access to unused
television channel space. Your messages are going to be heard.  04-186
is key to the future growth of our industry. We face huge opposition
from the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) who do not want
anyone else playing in their sandbox. If you have not already told the
FCC that you need those unused television channels to help grow your
business and serve those hard to reach customers then please do so
now. Here are the instructions once again:

GO RIGHT NOW TO:
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi

A from will appear magically in your web browser. Fill in the blanks
with your contact information. Use the guide below for specific lines
to help you with items you may not know how to fill in correctly.

1) Where it says "Proceeding" type in 04-186
2) For the "Mail Correspondence to" line click on "Name".
4) and 5) Leave Blank
11) Check "Late Filed" check box.
12) Select the drop down for "Statement for the Record"

The other lines not listed above are things like your name which I
will assume you guys have covered. :-)

Then type your comments about why you need those TV channels for
broadband. Give good reasons and do not argue with the FCC. Just tell
them why you need the channels. Use good grammar, use correct
spelling, be as good a writer as you can even if it is only one
sentence. I want to see 500 comments from the WISP industry on this
NPRM over the next 5 days. Let's bury them in so many comments in
support of this NPRM that the FCC cannot deny us this ruling.

Thanks guys,
Scriv

PS. I am not on any other list servers so feel free to pass this on if
you are.