From: Brian Rohrbacher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 12:19 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] New Tower Installation - Check out these towers!

Just came across these.  They look pretty neat.

http://www.isotruss.com/wifi-towers.htm

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,8672279?hilite=isotruss

If I get a chance I am going to see what a 90 footer costs.  If anyone
else calls before I do, post it here so we can all see the price on
these bad boys.

Brian

Matt Larsen - Lists wrote:

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to put up my first tower (finally found a place
where there weren't any existing towers available) and would like to
get some comments from others about whether I am doing the right things.

My goal is to mount a 2' PacWireless 5Ghz dish, a 3' PacWireless 5Ghz
dish and 13db PacWireless H-pol Omni antenna at the 80 foot level.

The tower site used to have a very large radio tower on it, so the
base and guy points are all still in place.  The base has a single pin
in the center, and the guy anchors are 90' out at 120 degree intervals.

My intention is to put up a Rohn 45 equivalent tower - 8 sections and
a 5' base section for a total of 85' of tower; two sets of guy points
- one at 40' and another at 80'.  The antennas will mount right above
the guy wires.

Here are some of the questions that I have:

1)  Should I use a flat base or an angled base (single pin)  There is
already a pin in place from the old tower, but I don't know whether it
makes sense to use it or just put a flat base with new anchors in.

2)  Does it make sense to put a hinged base at the bottom, assemble
the tower and raise it with a winch -- or should I use a gin pole to
put it together?

3)  I have not ordered my tower pieces yet.  New costs look to be
about $3200 for 8 10' sections, base, 2 guy brackets, 1000' of guy
wire, guy wire ground kit and 6 turnbuckles.  Am I missing anything on
this list?  Does anyone have this sort of thing laying around that
they would like to sell?  I'm just looking for some recommendations as
to whether this is the right price range.

Thanks for your assistance guys!

Matt Larsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]