Why not a laser?

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent:   Monday, December 19, 2005 9:09 PM
To:     wireless@wispa.org
Subject:        [WISPA] Good Backhaul?

I need some feedback from the collective.  I am looking for a backhaul
radio link for my main tower. 5.8 Ghz is fully utilized at this
location. It is only a 1500 foot shot. I would like at least 50 meg full
or 100 meg half duplex. I would like this solution to be under $8K or
so. 5.3 Ghz is pretty open here. Does a solution exist? I can lay fiber
for about $12K or so. I am considering doing that but I think laying
fiber for my main connection when I am a fixed broadband wireless
provider sends the wrong message to my potential customers when Charter
is going all over town selling fiber connections. I welcome your feedback.
Scriv