To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Good Backhaul?

Search on ebay for "38ghz". There are quite a few Pcom complete systems for $600-$800 with antennas. Then you need a DS3 to ethernet converter (like mentioned). Those are $800 for each side. Then you have to have a ROCK SOLID mounting point on each side. The beamwidth on 38ghz with 2ft dishes is like 1 degree. Maximum distance (per spec) is 2 miles.

Travis
Microserv

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:

$1000 per LINK?  How?

Heck, I could even justify some of that around here!
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam