On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Scott Reed wrote:

In looking at that and some other things, I realize I really should plan for redundant links to the POPs from the NOC.? I want to plan to have it so that if the primary link goes down, another like will take over.? Probably looking at OSPF routing.? That brings up the questions.? Do I need to eventually have a link from every POP to all other POPs it can see, or do I just plan for one backup for each POP, or somewhere in between?? Is there a better way than OSPF for doing this?

OSPF is certainly the best bet for this scenario. With OSPF, you will have the self-healing you are looking for. You don't HAVE to have a redundant path to every pop, but doing so would obviously give you a more resiliant network. I sent you an email offlist as well.

--
Butch Evans
BPS Networks  http://www.bpsnetworks.com/