That has been our whole focus.

The first part of the puzzle was the 4 port WAR boards.  It is so easy
to deploy a repeater and one or more micro cells if they all come in
one box and you simply attach antennas.

Then we developed the 5 and 10 MHz channel widths.  At 5 MHz width,
for instance, you have 11 channels of non overlapping bandwidth in the
very crowded 2.4 GHz allotment.  5.x GHz gets the same 4X the number
of channels.  Each 5 MHz radio can still deliver almost 7 mbps.

The last piece of the puzzle was the mesh routing.  RIPv2 makes a
large network easy to maintain, but it gets fooled easily and cross
links confuse it greatly.  OSPF is better but is more difficult to set
up and you have to design your network as a 2 layer structure,
something that any larger network quickly exceeds.

Mesh loves cross links and they provide a self healing quality.  Take
a link away and the loss is detected and routed around.  It is easy to
setup and "just works".  All you really have to enter are the device
names and the IP segments you want announced.

So, we are nearing the ideal platform -> multiple radios, efficient
bandwidth use and superb routing to make use of all of those links.

This is what we have all been dreaming about for years, and it is upon
us.  This is the next generation of wireless people.

Lonnie

Lonnie Nunweiler
Valemount Networks Corporation
http://www.star-os.com/