Rick,

The orthogon software upgrade pertaining to the 5.4 gzh band only applies to
the Gemini 5.4 capable unit only wich is for the Euro Market, non US based
gear has been certified yet for 5.4 ghz

>From the Orthogon release notes:

1.1 Support for the 5.4GHz Hardware Variant
The Orthogon Systems OS-Gemini product range has a new frequency variant to
compliment its existing 5.8GHz product range. The new 5.4GHz hardware
variant operates between 5.470 to 5.725GHz (defined as the ETSI 5 GHz band
B), utilising 11MHz channels widths and variable base 12MHz raster.

Gino A. Villarini,
Aeronet Wireless Broadband Corp.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.aeronetpr.com
787.273.4143

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rick Harnish
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 12:48 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] 5.4 very close now

Mac,

As far as I know, the hardware/software has to be contention based to be
allowed to use the spectrum.  I would doubt if many consumer devices will be
allowed to operate in this spectrum.

I can tell you that Orthogon has already released the firmware upgrade for
the Gemini product to be used for the 5.4 Spectrum.
http://www.orthogonsystems.com/support/software.html

I just sent an email to them about the release date for the Spectra upgrade.

Rick Harnish
President
OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.
260-827-2482 Office