Bill,
Are you talking about an Auto Attendant that can provide precanned
messages for callers like a call center does?  For example, your
cellular providers's support center will make you key in various option
codes to talk to the correct department.  If that's what you're looking
for, use Asterisk PBX.  It's  an open-source PBX server.

see http://voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk
http://www.digium.com/

I can help you set up a server, if needed.

Brian Whigham
Yonder Networks
www.yondernetworks.com
478-442-1678

Bill Austin wrote:

I need to setup an automated call system. One where someone dials in and activates it (by entering a touch-tone code) and then it goes through a list of numbers it dials and plays a pre-recorded message.

Any hints, tips, suggestions, software recommendations, or other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill